Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Oil


As I was praying and asking the Lord to speak with me...  I saw Jesus and he had oil in his hands that he was sprinkling over the earth.   He said to me, "take my oil, from Heaven, and sprinkle it upon the earth.  My oil is my presence, it is my Holy Spirit and it releases JOY and peace.  Be the vessel of oil, let it pour through you by your prayers and intercessions, by your words of encouragement and love that build and restore.  Bathe in the oil and pour it out."

I was reminded of the story in 1 Kings 17:7-16 of Elijah and the widows oil.... first she listened and obeyed,  then she received the promise.....The widow poured oil into ALL the vessels in her house and even her neighbours jars.... she had flour and oil in her jars that did not run out until the rains came.   As the widows oil continued to flow as she used it and poured it out,  so can the oil of the Holy Spirit within us continue to flow as we bathe in it,  and pour it out!




Isaiah 61:1, 3.... The Spirit of the Lord is upon me ...... (3)  to provide for those who grieve in Zion and to bestow on them a crown of beauty, instead of ashes,  the OIL of GLADNESS instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment