Search This Blog

Saturday 2 February 2019

COMPASSION

COMPASSION - June 2009, Ruth Grigg

“Compassion; have my heart of compassion. Compassion reaches out, gives out of oneself. Compassion lays itself down on the alter. Compassion says there is no place you will not go. Compassion loves the leaper and the outcast. Compassion is all embracing. Compassion goes beyond yourself into another realm; the realm of my supernatural love, which is non-exhausting, never ending. Can you have that heart of compassion? This is what the world looks for and needs. It needs the heart of a Father who loves and protects and guides and gives and gives without expecting return. This is how the world knows you are different – not by what you say or do, but by the measure of your love and your willingness to be broken and to reach out to touch the unlovely and unloved.


Will you be my hands that reach out and touch them? to hold them, to love them, to pull them out of darkness? Will you be my feet that will walk with them in their pain and loneliness? Will you walk the way I walked? Will your love be a fragrance to the dying and the lost? Will your words be healing and life? Will your eyes see? Do they see? Do they see with my eyes? Do you see people the way I see people? I look with eyes of compassion and my heart longs, yearns to be one with those who are lost and seeking me. Let this love be in you that was in Christ Jesus. You are my body, my hands, eyes, ears, feet, mouth; let this love be in you; let love me your mark.”

No comments:

Post a Comment